Monday, September 29, 2008

Winkle, Winkle Little Bus

Last weekend we were driving home from visiting my parents and little man was quite the chatterbox. This really was nothing new, little man definitely likes to talk, especially when we're driving somewhere.

However, this time it seemed to have a rhythm to it. I just couldn't place a finger on it though. Little man was more mumbling than speaking as he was calmly hanging out in his carseat gazing out the window.

"I think he's singing," my husband said.

We turned down the radio and listened intently.

"Winkle, winkle {inaudible toddler mumbling} ARE," little man sang.

My husband and I looked at each other wondering if the other had a clue as to what our little man was singing.

"Diamond {mumble} SKY!" Little man continued.

My husband and I both finally pieced it together. Little man was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

Except, just as in everything he does, little man gave the song his own twist.

"Winkle, winkle, little BUS," he proceeded to sing. "Wonder what are. Up world so HIGH. Like diamond in sky. Winkle, winkle little bus. Wonder what are."

I think we have the next American Idol on our hands.

No comments: