Thursday, December 9, 2010

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Tonight the husband had to work late, so it was just the little man and I. It was just minutes before our usual time where we venture upstairs and begin bedtime routine of brushing teeth and reading stories.

The little man hopped up on to my lap.

"Snuggles, mommy," he said as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Guess what?" the little man whispered.

"What?" I replied.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you MORE," I said as I hugged him.

"I love you as big as the house," he replied.

"Hmmmm," I said as I thought. "I love you as big as a toot-toot boat."

The little man giggled.

"Whoa," he said. "I love you as big as a ZILLION toot-toot boats."

"Wow! That's really big, mommy can't beat that one," I said. "I love you, too."

And with that, bedtime was postponed a bit for a few more minutes of precious snuggles.

No comments: