Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tampin'

Two weekends ago we went camping with some good friends of ours and their two little ones.

Or, according to little man, we went "tampin'."

Before you give me that "are you crazy?" look, let me begin by saying that our friends had a camper, which meant we did have running water, a bathroom and air conditioning. Although it was a bit cramped with seven of us in one camper, if you've ever been to Kansas in August, you'll understand why we did not do tents.

Like the baseball game, I was definitely worried about how well little man would do tampin'. I was worried little man was still too little. But, once again, mommy was wrong.

Little man loved it. Every minute of it.

We spent our days out on the boat, fishing and swimming and playing in the mud. It was a welcome relief from the hot August sun. And when the day got hotter, we simply found a little shady cove near our campsite, where little man spent the afternoon swimming and squeezing mud between his little fingers.

At night, little man loved dining on "torn" (aka corn on the cob fresh from the campfire) as well as all of the other camping delicacies. My only regret is that little man did not get to enjoy smores, as he fell asleep before the first marshmallow finished roasting.

All in all, it was a great weekend. Even though I'm still cleaning all of the mud out from underneath little man's fingernails.

{looking at the stars from the middle of the lake}

{love this}


{ribbit}

{seven people cramped into one camper often find humor in strange things}


{buddies}

{fishin' with daddy}

{in the wilderness with mommy}




2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm waiting to hear about teaching him to water ski. . . .I'm sure Little Man's Daddy is ready to teach him!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that was awesome! I am really enjoying your blog.
I have to confess, the pic I am in, I have no idea what the heck I am doing??? Wow...
It really was fun though! Even though we may be a tad bit crazy!