Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Amen to That ...

As the little man and I were driving home in the cold, wet weather on Monday, we were having our usual chat about how his day went - what he did at preschool, who he played with, etc.

"Mommy?" Little man asked from the backseat. "What day is today?"

"Today is Monday," I told him. We had been working on learning the days of the week, so I was happy that he was showing some interest.

"Oh," he said quietly. "Momma, I don't like Monday."

"No?" I replied. "I don't like Monday's either, buddy."

"I like Halloween, Christmas, cake days and Friday," he said matter-of-factly.

I paused and went over the list in my mind.

"So ... you like Halloween, Christmas, cake days and Friday?" I asked.

"Yes, momma," little man said. "But those are a lot of days."

I smiled and turned the corner into our neighborhood.

"I like those days, too."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Today is Cake Day at my office!!! Thank goodness! :-)

Keith Koudele said...

We all need more cake days!!

How is your little cake eater lisa (eating cake yet?)?