Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

It's not hard for me to think of a hundred things I am thankful for this year.

I am mostly thankful for that.

Thanksgiving 2005 marked an ominous date for me. At the time pregnant with the little man, it was the date that my doctors said would be a miracle if I made it to. None of them were betting that I would be able to carry him much further than Thanksgiving. And while Thanksgiving was a better scenario than the one I faced just two months prior (the first time we were hospitalized), Thanksgiving was still much too soon.

Now, four years later, I stumbled into the little man's dark room this morning. I felt his arms around my neck and felt his head snuggle into my shoulder. It still felt just as good as the very first moment I held him and he snuggled his little newborn head against me.

I am thankful for my miracle.

I am thankful for another year of adventures in mommyhood and my awesome husband for sharing in each laugh and priceless moment along the way.

I am also thankful for my family, both immediate and extended; the older I get, the more I understand the true gift family is in our lives.

I am thankful for my friends, near and far, and all that they bring to my life.

I am thankful for my new baby niece, who is set to make her big debut any day now. I am thankful that my big brother and his amazing wife will soon feel the arms of their own child around their neck and the feeling of her soft head as she snuggles into their shoulder.

And I am thankful for you.

I began this blog at the suggestion of a dear friend of mine and fellow writer. It began as a way for me to expand my own writing horizons and branch out into a new style of writing for me. I had no idea that anyone would actually read it, and I had no idea that I would receive such amazing support in my blogging endeavors. Thank you for sharing in my adventures with me.


Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours.

2 comments:

Just Jenny said...

How sweet!

So much to be thankful for, I agree! Glad you are my friend. I really enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you better!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Biker Trash said...

I am grateful that little man has such great parents.

Biker Trash