Monday, October 13, 2008

Getting Out of Control ...

As I've written about before, little man is a clean freak. He's also very assertive when it comes to things he deems serious business.

And apparently cleanliness is serious business.

This tale isn't one that I experienced directly, although it did give me a good laugh.

Tonight little man decided he needed a muffin after dinner. No biggie. I almost always have a batch of freshly baked mini-muffins on hand as they make a tasty and healthy breakfast and snack for the fam.

However, as all 2-year-olds, when little man eats a muffin, even a mini-muffin, there is always an almost constant cascade of crumbs that fall out of his mouth and onto the floor (much to our dog's chagrin).

Only tonight the coffee table caught most of the brunt. When little man looked down to see the crumbs all over the table he immediately went into clean-freak mode. I was upstairs changing my clothes, so little man alerted daddy to the pile of lemon poppyseed crumbs adorning our coffee table.

My husband then reached down to brush the crumbs off of the table and into his other hand to dispose of them.

But for little man, that was all wrong.

"No DADDY!" He yelled.

Little man then blocked daddy in what can be described as a quick, ninja-like reflex. He shielded the crumbs from the atrocity daddy was about to commit.

"No daddy," little man asserted. "You get DOOM!" (**if unfamiliar with the doom, read here)

Amazed at having just been schooled by a 2-year-old, my husband went and retrieved the Dustbuster.

My husband then doomed up the crumbs and began to walk away.

"Daddy, crumb HERE," little man said pointing to a missed crumb.

Again, my husband clicked on the Dustbuster and turned to walk away.

"Daddy. HERE! Crumb!" Little man said again, pointing to another crumb.

After dooming up the errant crumb my husband finally caught on.

"Is that good? Are there any more crumbs?" He asked little man.

Little man looked around.

"No. It's good."

And then all was well again in little man's world.

No comments: