Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy

We had a big fun weekend with my extended family. My husband was in Canada for business, so it was just little man and I and the open road as we trekked to my hometown for the weekend. It was fun to get away for the weekend and spend some time with my parents, brother and his wife, all whom little man adores... more on that later.

Just a quick story for now. As we were winding down last night from our big weekend, little man was enjoying a warm bubble bath before bed. We were splashing and giggling and playing all of the usual bath time games when little man suddenly looked up at me, grinned and said "You happy mommy?

"Oh yes, of course I'm happy," I replied.

"Because you have ME!" little man said, grinning even bigger.

"Yes, because I have you," I said, also grinning.

And while the warm bath warmed little man, this little exchange definitely warmed my heart. Somewhere in between all of the time-outs and no's, little man has still learned just how much he is loved and how proud of him we are.

And to see him so confident and so sure of himself because he knows mommy and daddy love him so, definitely makes me happy.

1 comment:

Lisa Noel said...

that is so stinkin' sweet!!!! I love it!