Monday, March 2, 2009

Cuddles

So far we've been really lucky this winter. Little man has had by far fewer colds this winter than last. Last winter it seemed as if his nose would never stop running and his cough was almost constant.

However, last weekend we both came down with colds. Little man appears to be a day or two ahead of me and is already on the upswing. Mommy, however, has felt like she has been hit by a truck.

Tonight, daddy took the little man with him to the gym to give mommy some time to rest after dinner. I enjoyed my sweatpants and DVR'd episode of Big Love and before I knew it, they were home.

When little man walked in he brought with him what has to be the best, all-natural cold remedy.

Cuddles.

"Mommy, you feeling good now?" Little man asked me when he walked in.

"Oh, I'm OK," I said. "Mommy has a little cold."

Little man then picked up his favorite blanket and covered me up with it.

"Here you go, mommy," little man said. "I cover you up."

I thanked him for the blanket. My heart was warmed with the sweet thought.

"Mommy, I come in," little man said as he climbed up onto the couch with me.

Little man then proceeded to snuggle in next to me on the couch. He pulled the blanket over him and laid his head down on my pillow.

"You good now mommy?" Little man asked.

And before I knew it, my headache was gone, my body was warm and my once stuffy nose could smell the scent of little man's "splashing apple toss" shampoo.

Good things definitely come in small packages.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I didn't know you were a Big Love watcher. That's one of our regulars, too. Sunday nights are great now that we have Amazing Race and Big Love! Only 3 episodes left, though, so maybe we'll cancel HBO after that. . .we've been thinking about getting Netflix instead.