Saturday, January 3, 2009

Animal Farm

Recently little man has begun a new adventure in the world of imagination.

Animals.

For the past few weeks, little man will frequently - and without cause - suddenly take on the persona of an animal and thusly act out said animal.

So far we have been visited by a "baby doggie," "baby lion," "baby piggie" and "baby sheep."

And no, I don't know why they are all babies.

Last weekend we were visited by some very dear friends of ours who now reside in the D.C. area. We were out to lunch at one of our favorite Chinese food restaurants when little man suddenly felt the animal kingdom calling.

And I suddenly had a baby sheep crawling around the floor of the restaurant.

Any and all attempts at bribing my new baby sheep to come back to the table with chicken lo mein or fortune cookies were thwarted.

And I was stuck with nothing more than sheer embarrassment and a three-year-old little boy who insisted on crawling on all fours and "baaaaaa"ing his way through lunch.

And yes, he really does "baaaaaaa."

Thank goodness our visiting friends are currently pregnant and already expecting their first, for I fear little man (or, rather, little baby sheep man) would have for certain scared them away from parenthood.

As I navigate through this new adventure in mommyhood I've decided all I can do is laugh.

For someday little man will be all grown and I will for certain be missing my little baby sheep.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Had I already mentioned that baby's room is going to have a lamb theme (if you can call that a theme)?! I think lamb and baby sheep are the same, but I'm a novice at this stuff! He does have already have a menagerie of animals (farm and exotic) collected this past year during our travels in anticipation of a nursery.