Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Anxiety

As if the holidays weren't hectic enough, the New Year has not brought our household the slowing, getting-back-to-normal routine it usually does.

This coming weekend my husband's brother is getting married and it's definitely a family affair - daddy as groomsman, mommy as bridesmaid and little man as ring bearer.

A little more than a week after that and we will be leaving on a jet plane for a much needed family vacation to Florida.

In the meantime, my mind is aflutter with all of the details to iron out: including hunting all over town for black toddler dress shoes and socks to wear with his suit on Saturday, sorting through little man's closet to find at least some shorts and shirts that will still fit for Florida and somehow finding the time to do something with my short, stubby and sad fingernails for said festivities.

As Saturday draws closer and closer I'm also growing more anxious about little man's debut as ring bearer. I have no idea what he will do when the doors open and he must walk down the isle of the crowded church ... without mommy. Furthermore, if he does make it to the front of the church, will he stand perfectly still like a little gentleman throughout the ceremony?

I think we all know the answer to that one. Three-year-olds aren't programmed for standing still.

And quiet.

Wish me luck ....

Lots of it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm sure Nana will be happy to share her church pew while you guys are standing up front! Hopefully if he does any animal imitations, they'll all be ones from the bible! :-)