Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Big Boy Graduation

Little man has made great strides these past few weeks and is quickly reminding me of how quickly they do grow up.

This week little man was bumped up to a new "big boy" classroom at preschool. Although he had to leave Chloe behind in the other class, little man is loving the "big boy" class and all the responsibilities that come with it.

However, the journey to the big boy class was not an easy one. To be bumped up and given all of the privileges that come with being a "big boy" (more crafts, more play time) he had to accomplish one arduous goal.

Potty training.

Even when I was pregnant, my worst fear of motherhood wasn't labor, temper tantrums or even the loss of my beloved sleep.

It was by far and away the task of potty training.

I don't know why this task was so anxiety-ridden for me. There was just something about it that truly terrified me.

Now a mommy veteran, I can say that (like most other things in life) it really wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be.

However, I do have to give absolute recognition to his preschool. It's amazing what having a childcare provider who supports you as the parent and works with you will do in terms of potty training (rather than our previous scenario, which was very different).

While little man is still definitely my baby in many, many ways and pull-ups are still kept at our house for night time, long road trips, etc. I do have to admit that diapers are not one thing I will miss.

Now if we can just work on his aim.

1 comment:

Just Jenny said...

I am getting nervous - as I start the potty training Feb 1st!!! SCARY! I will keep you posted on how my little honey does.