Sunday, January 11, 2009

Survivor: Family Wedding

In the post immediately before this one, I wrote about the impending family wedding and all the anxiety leading up to it.

My husband's baby brother wed his beautiful bride, Joanna (or, as little man calls her, "Jonana") this weekend.

My husband served as Best Man, while I was a bridesmaid and little man made his big debut as ring bearer.

It was very touch and go, but I am happy to report that little man made it down the aisle and was about as good as spunky 3-year-old can be when forced to dress up, wear dress shoes and hang out at a church all day.

I do admit, I was concerned as to what little man would do once those church doors opened and 200 wedding guests turned to look at him. Although he did pause slightly at the beginning, he took full advantage of his time in the spotlight and quickly turned to showman, twirling his pillow around and stopping to say "hello" to some people in the crowd.

Once the ceremony was over, the party animal was then unleashed.

Little man immediately took to the dance floor with his cousin, Carson (who is just 6 months younger) and the two of them showed off what had to be the best toddler dancing this side of the Mississippi.

In between songs little man would then go to table to table and con the guests out of the white chocolate candies that had been placed at each place setting as a favor.

If you were at the wedding and were a victim of this con, I apologize.

However, you can rest assured that you were not the only one conned out of your candy.

And as the day turned to night it eventually came time for little man to retire.

"But I want to go back to the pawrty," he said as he dozed off to sleep.

And with that my little man closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep, surely dreaming of the white chocolate snowflakes and the electric slide.


{little man and Papa at the Rehearsal Dinner}


{3-years-old and already making the ladies swoon}


{No, you can't take the doom down the aisle with you.}


{And then it was time to DANCE}


{party animals}

{"I want to go back to the pawrty, momma}

1 comment:

garoto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.