Monday, December 22, 2008

Cowboy Up

It was a dark and bitterly cold night. When suddenly, I heard a sound. On the horizon I saw someone approaching. The dark figure was a bit small in stature, with a hat black as night ...


He rode a gallant steed, pure black but for a small white diamond on his broad head and a scarlet bandanna around his neck...



As he got closer I got a better look at this stranger ... would he be friend or foe?


Definitely friend. It was a cowboy - passing through on his horse. Where he was going to? Only he knew ...


And just as quickly as he came, he left. Disappearing into the night ...



And as I watched him gallop past and onto his mysterious destination, he paused just long enough for me to get a look at him.


And then he tipped his hat to me and went on his way.
The cowboy way.

No comments: