Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Division Between Us and Them

One of my favorite stories (and probably my most popular blog post) is the post An Ode to the Moms of Boys. In it I become ever-so-aware that there is still a very vast difference between boys and girls.

Like peeing while standing up.

The other night I was getting little man ready for his bath. Still in the throes of potty-training, I plopped little man on the toilet to go "pee-pee in the potty like a big boy" before getting into the tub.

"No mommy. I go pee-pee there," little man said as he pointed to the bathtub next to him.

"No, we go pee-pee here, on the potty," I replied.

"No mommmmmmmy!" Little man said. "I want to go pee there!"

Then little man (who was in his birthday suit) got off the toilet.

"I go like this .... pssssssssssssshhhhhhhh," he said as he acted out the act of ....

I think you get the idea.

I put him back on the toilet.

"No, we don't pee in the tub," I said between giggles. "We only go pee-pee in the potty."

"No, I pee in tub," little man said. "Like a boy. Girwls pee on potty."

I think I need to speak to my husband about this one.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Eeewwwww! I think KK has some explaining to do! FYI, UPS delivered a really cool 3rd birthday present while I was in Scottsdale. . . looking forward to seeing what he thinks of it!

Keith Koudele said...

I told the wif that she just needed to get his schtepp schtool and let him pee standing up in the little round tub.

kk