Sunday, April 26, 2009

Down on the Farm

The past few weeks have been very busy (for lack of a better word) for me at my work. I've been going in early and have had to stay late to get my projects done, which has of course taken away some of my precious time with my family.

I struggle very much with being a working mother. My family is my No. 1 priority, although I know that some disagree with this by the sheer fact that I work. I've received some harsh criticism from other mothers for this. There are many, many days when I wish I could just trade in my corporate business cards for a set of those trendy, cute mommy cards. A very large part of me wishes I was not a working mother. But the reality is that me working works best for my family. And so I try to balance as best as I can.

Because of my preoccupation with work as of late, I wanted to take some time out for the little man. I wanted to spend some time with just him - to put the laundry, dishes and all of those other little things aside and just enjoy some time with the little man.

And so I did.

Our community has a wonderful farmstead for children. There are endless opportunities and fun around every corner. The little man and I had a grand day of sunshine, fun and time together. We laughed a lot, explored a lot and did a lot. It gave us a great chance to spend some quality time together and forget about all of the other little worries/responsibilites in life. I wish every day could be like that with the little man.

Just me and the little man. And the farm.
















2 comments:

Lisa said...

I remember those pedal tractors from childhood! I can't believe how popular those baby goats are! I wonder if they grow up and become big goats, or if they are just miniatures?

Anonymous said...

What a great day!!! I am amazed that moms would give you a hard time about working and being a mom. I have so much admiration for mom's like you that can work AND be a great mom!!!! Plus, not only are you a mom, but your job allows you to help others realize their dreams of becoming parents!! Don't ever feel guilty for that!