Monday, November 10, 2008

Turkey 101

Now that Halloween is over, it is officially turkey time (even though some of our neighbors have already broken the cardinal rule of holiday decorating and already have their Christmas lights up AND on).

As such, little man has been learning about Thanksgiving at preschool. Today's fun activity was learning all about turkeys. I ran into little man's teacher on my way in to pick him up and she told me all about the fun turkey times they had had.

So, naturally on the ride home I took the time to ask little man about his day, as I usually do. He told me all about how Christian was gone today, but that he had played trucks with Chloe and Lexie. He even shared with me that the kids liked his new hat at outside playtime, which naturally features Lightening McQueen.

Then came the talk of turkeys.

"Turkeys are big birds," little man informed me.

"That's right," I said. "And how do they go?"

"Tobble, tobble," little man said grinning.

"And what else do you know about turkeys?" I asked.

"You EAT them!" Little man said.

I guess the old adage about the way to a man's heart is through his stomach really does ring true.

No comments: